Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Summer Skating

By Ryan Papa

This summer has just flown by so far.  It feels like yesterday we were still playing for the Clark Cup.   I have been working very hard for next season with what limited time we have.
 
I have been doing a power skating private session about three or four times a week for about an hour to an hour and a half.  I feel these skates will be very beneficial for me.  This is the first time I have done something like this, so it is a little challenging but fun at the same time. 

They are run by a Russian instructor named Val, who is good friends with Alex Galchenyuk, who went 3rd overall in this year’s draft.  I do this skate with Dane Cooper, who played at Sioux City last season, and Sam Povorozniouk, who played for the Saginaw Spirit in the OHL and is also good friends with the instructor.  Sam recommended this program to me and said that this instructor was really good. 

I still can’t stop thinking about our trip to Russia.  Before we know it we will be representing our country in the Junior Club World Cup.  But, before we go to Russia we will be having our orientation camp at the end of July, which I am looking forward to very much.  It is going to be great to see all the guys again and meet our new teammates.  This will also give us a chance to bond before Russia and become close as a team. 

I know we are all excited for next year and to be back playing in Waterloo.  Get ready for another great year, Party Town!

No comments:

Post a Comment

There will be a brief delay before comments are added to this page. In order to prevent spam, each comment is reviewed. Thank you for your patience.