Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Vinnie Back on Ice

By Tim Harwood

Co-blogger Vinnie Hinostroza is at the rink right now.


Actually, let me clarify that…he’s at A rink, but not THIS rink.  The veteran Waterloo Black Hawk forward is at the Chicago Blackhawks' prospect camp.

He’s been moonlighting a little on their blog, and – as you’d expect – Monday was a pretty exciting day for him:

Today was my first day of prospect camp with the Blackhawks, the team I’ve followed and been a fan of for my entire life. I couldn't have been more excited to head over to the United Center, to be inside the team’s locker room and to begin the next step in my hockey career. It wasn’t hard to wake up at all – I was ready to go.


Chicago chose Hinostroza in the sixth round of the NHL Draft last month.  Not only has this been a thrill for him, the Chicago media seems pretty excited for a “local boy makes good” story.

Look for more details on the web before the Chicago camp ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There will be a brief delay before comments are added to this page. In order to prevent spam, each comment is reviewed. Thank you for your patience.