Friday, July 6, 2012

Trip of a Lifetime

By Ryan Papa

While it was great to see all of my friends again, and while this summer has been nice and relaxing, there is not a day that goes by where I don’t think about our trip to Russia. 


Being able to represent the USA, the Black Hawk organization, and our fans is such a great privilege to have that I am not taking it lightly.  Words can’t describe how excited I am for this tournament as this will be my first time leaving the country, besides Canada of course. 

This is going to be a life changing experience and one that I will remember for the rest of my life.  Playing hockey in Russia is not the only thing I am looking forward to.  Seeing some of the amazing sites in such an old, historical city as Moscow is going to be an awesome experience.

This trip has been on my mind ever since I was first told we were going to Russia.  Playing hockey outside of the country, for my country, has always been and dream of mine, and now that dream can finally become reality.  I am honored to have this opportunity to participate in this world tournament and will do whatever it takes to bring the gold home to Waterloo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There will be a brief delay before comments are added to this page. In order to prevent spam, each comment is reviewed. Thank you for your patience.